Arizona Man Detained in Connection With Nancy Guthrie Case Speaks Publicly for the First Time

An Arizona resident who was temporarily detained after a SWAT team executed a search warrant in connection with the suspected kidnapping of Nancy Guthrie has issued his first public statement.

Nancy Guthrie, the 84-year-old mother of Savannah Guthrie, co-host of TODAY, has been missing since February 1. Investigators have indicated they believe her disappearance involved foul play.

For more than a month, federal and local law enforcement agencies have conducted an extensive search. On February 13, a SWAT team carried out a raid at a residence in Tucson, located roughly two miles from Nancy Guthrie’s home. During the operation, 37-year-old Luke Daley and his 77-year-old mother were detained for questioning. Both were released the same day without charges.

Daley addressed the situation publicly during an interview on True Crime Arizona with host Briana Whitney on March 2.

According to Daley, online speculation played a role in law enforcement’s focus on him. Social media users had suggested he resembled a masked individual seen on a Nest doorbell camera the night Nancy disappeared.

“It’s not me. I don’t see the resemblance,” Daley said during the interview. “Absolutely not. I have nothing to do with this case.”

He added that misinformation online can quickly escalate without verification. “Someone says something and then they just go off of it based on no evidence, no truth,” he stated.

Daley emphasized that he has no knowledge of who may be responsible and expressed hope for Nancy’s safe return. “I, like everyone else, just want Nancy to come home and be safe,” he said.

Following the search, Daley’s attorney, Chris Scileppi, confirmed to People that two search warrants had been executed on February 13. He clarified that neither Daley nor his mother was arrested in connection with this or any other case.

“Daley has no link whatsoever to Nancy Guthrie and has no information related to her kidnapping,” Scileppi stated. He also noted that his client and the broader Tucson community are hopeful for Nancy’s safe recovery.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is currently offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to Nancy’s location. In addition, the Guthrie family has announced a separate reward of up to $1 million for credible information that helps bring her home safely.

On March 2, Savannah Guthrie and her siblings visited their mother’s Tucson residence, where they laid flowers and paid tribute at a growing memorial outside the home.

Authorities continue to encourage anyone with verified information related to the case to contact law enforcement as the investigation remains active.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *